We have hit the dog days of summer here in the Midwest. To kick off the final countdown to the end of summer, I prepared a batch of strawberry lemonade sangria. Convince me that there is a more appropriate summer sangria recipe than the fresh fruit flavors of strawberry and lemon.
This sangria is fruity and fresh with lemons, strawberries, mint, and honey. Enjoy a pitcher on the patio, front porch, or deck with friends and family.
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
Strawberry lemonade sangria is so incredibly easy to make. The hardest part is slicing the fruit. I use a mandolin when I slice fruits or vegetables it makes the slicing SO EASY. Set the thickness and away you go.
Back to the important stuff. Let’s start making this white wine sangria recipes with rum, strawberries, lemonade, and mint.
First, slice one lemon and one-half an orange into about one-quarter inch slices. Then, remove the stems from eight ounces of fresh strawberries and then slice them into one-quarter inch thickness. It doesn’t have to be exact, but the mandolin does make it so simple to slice.
Next, add the lemon slices, orange slices, and strawberry slices to a large pitcher. This is a very similar pitcher to mine, but this is shatterproof. Score!
After adding in the fruit, add six fresh mint leaves and two tablespoons of honey. Top with one bottle of white wine, three cups lemonade, and one cup of lemon rum. Stir well to ensure the honey dissolves.
Refrigerate the summer sangria for at least four hours to allow the flavors to develop. If you can’t wait, at least make sure the white wine is cold and fresh lemonade is used.
Enjoy your fresh summer sangria with good friends and family on the patio before this summer slips away.
Tips For Strawberry Lemonade Summer Sangria
- I prefer dry wine, but feel free to substitute a sweet wine such as Moscato to balance the tart flavors of lemon.
- I use Simply Lemonade, but feel free to use a lemonade concentrate or the lemonade of your choice.
- 1 bottle white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 3 cups lemonade
- 1 cup lemon vodka
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Slice one lemon and half of an orange approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove the stems from eight ounces strawberries and slice the strawberries about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add lemon slices, orange slices, strawberry slices, six mint leaves, and two tablespoons honey to the bottom of a pitcher.
- Top with one bottle white wine, one cup lemon rum, and three cups lemonade. Stir well to dissolve the honey.
- Refrigerate at least four hours to allow the flavors to develop. Serve cold.
- I used Pinot Grigio, but a sweet wine such as Moscato would be an excellent balance to the tartness of the lemonade.
- I use Simply Lemonade as it is about as close to home squeezed lemonade as I have found. Feel free to use your favorite.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 16mg Carbohydrates: 32g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g