This post contains affiliate links and/or ads. You can read more about it on my disclaimer page.
If December had a flavor, this would be it. Cranberry Apple Sangria is ranking pretty high on my favorite things list.
Cranberries, apples, mint, basil, brown sugar, and red wine blend together for a Christmas Sangria recipe like no other.
If you can’t tell, I am a bit obsessed with this holiday sangria. It will pair perfectly with these Bacon and Brie Wonton Cups.
Thank me later…
You must make this at least once. Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve or any other day between November and February would be perfect.
Since this is a no-judgment zone, any single day of the year would work.
How To Make Cranberry Apple Sangria
This recipe for holiday sangria is so easy to make.
Gorgeous cranberries, apples, brown sugar, mint, basil, and apple juice are thrown in a pot and brought to a simmer.
Does that not look like Christmas in a pan?
Since I forgot to take photos of a few steps, like pouring the wine, brandy, and rum in a pitcher, let’s skip ahead to the finished product.
After a couple of hours in the fridge to let the flavors melt together, enjoy this Christmas Sangria with family and friends.
- Mesh strainer – A mesh strainer is needed to strain the cranberry mixture and not have any chunks in the Cranberry Apple Sangria.
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle red wine
- Add one half chopped green apple, one cup cranberries, one-half cup of brown sugar, one cup of apple juice, two basil leaves, and two mint sprigs to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for ten minutes.
- In a pitcher, add in one bottle red wine, one half cup brandy, and one quarter cup orange liqueur.
- In the same pitcher, strain the cranberry and apple mixture through a mesh strainer and then mix well with the wine.
- Add in the remaining one cup cranberries and one half chopped green apple.
- Chill for at least four hours to allow the flavors to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 27g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g
Pin It For Later!