Cheesecake is life! This recipe for white chocolate peppermint cheesecake is everything. Seriously, this cheesecake is so good.
What is not to love? Creamy, velvety, pepperminty, deliciousness in a pan.
Even my husband, who is not a fan of peppermint, thought this was a showstopper.
You need to make this!
This bad boy is packing a chocolate crust, creamy cheesecake, peppermint, with a hint of white chocolate.
This white chocolate peppermint cheesecake puts a modern spin on an old-fashioned cheesecake recipe made with sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and even peppermint for a new holiday favorite.
Preparing the Cheesecake With White Chocolate Peppermint
First of all, to make this white chocolate peppermint cheesecake recipe, you will need a great springform pan. The one I have has a tempered glass bottom, and the cheesecake slides out.
Begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
Next, finely crush two sleeves (about 18 sheets) of chocolate flavored graham crackers. You want to make sure that the crumbs are very fine. If there are any chunks left, the crust will not form up as nicely.
Next, mix eight tablespoons of melted butter and one third cup sugar into the crushed graham crackers. Mix thoroughly and then press firmly into the sides and bottom of the springform pan.
I start on the sides and press beginning at the bottom and working my way up the sides. Then finish pressing the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Evenly distribute the graham cracker mixture.
Once the crust is formed, bake the crust at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. After removing the pan from the oven, drop the temperature down to 215 degrees. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese well. I use my stand mixer. Once the cream cheese is well blended and creamy, add in the sugar and continue mixing
At this point, I shut off my mixer and scrape the side and bottom with a spatula. Begin beating mixture again and add in 3 eggs slowly, one at a time.
Once there are no lumps left in the batter, mix in the sour cream, salt, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Mix well and then slowly stir in peppermint chunks until just mixed.
The method for the perfect cheesecake
Immediately pour into the prepared crust and place in the second to top rack in the oven. Place a pie pan full of water on the shelf underneath the cheesecake. Bake for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
I check the cheesecake by giving a gentle shake to make sure it is set up.
Let cool for about 2 hours and then gently remove the springform sides.
Refrigerate at least four hours, preferably overnight.
Remember, good things come to those who wait.
I hope you love this recipe for chocolate peppermint cheesecake with white chocolate as much as we do! Be sure to subscribe to stay up to date on the latest updates.
More Cheesecake Recipes You May Love
- 18 full-size sheets Chocolate Graham Crackers (2 sleeves)
- 8 TBSP salted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 24 oz cream cheese (3 blocks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup peppermint baking chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- While the oven is heating, finely crush 18 full sheets of chocolate graham crackers. Then thoroughly mix the crushed graham crackers with 8 tablespoons (one stick) melted butter and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Firmly press into a springform pan, start on the sides leaving about half an inch from the top without the crust, then finish pressing the remaining into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake crust 10 minutes at 325
- Once the crust has been removed from the oven, reduce heat to 210 F degrees.
- Mix three blocks (24 oz) of cream cheese until well blended and smooth. Continue mixing and beat in 1/2 cup sugar.
- Next add in three eggs, one at a time and continue mixing until batter is smooth. Then add in 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Continue beating until smooth, but do not overmix. Stir in one cup of white chocolate peppermint banking chunks.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, careful not to disturb the crust.
- Place a baking pan full of water on the rack below the cheesecake.
- Bake 3 hours at 210 F degrees on the second to top oven rack.
- Remove from oven and cool for two hours on the countertop. Then refrigerate for a minimum of four hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
All information and tools within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on swingshiftmom.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. The nutritional labels are a product of online calculators. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.